HistoryOur school has a long and proud history of providing quality education to children in Trentham and surrounds.
The first school (No 629) opened on 1 April 1860 with head teacher, Ebenezer A. Gilruth. The Presbyterian Church established the school in a rented building on land donated by Isaac Pearson on the northeast corner of Pearsons and Kyneton Roads.
In 1873, the school’s Board of Advice suggested that the school would be better positioned in a more central location and the present site in Bridge Street opposite the Catholic Church was adopted.
In 1994, the school merged with Little Hampton Primary School.
We moved into the current main building in July 2009, with the school’s official opening by the Minister of Education the Hon. Bronwyn Pyke on 26 March 2010.
The building was designed to create a light-filled and warm environment, making the most of sustainable resources and providing welcoming teaching spaces for all round weather conditions. The first stage of the new building included an office and reception area, four classrooms, multi-purpose area and library.
In April 2011 the school opened a second building, funded through the ‘Building the Education Revolution’ program, which houses our art program, a commercial kitchen for cooking classes and activities, and two classrooms.AwardsAt the end of each year we hold a presentation evening which includes performances by each class group and a whole-school art show. On this evening we aso recognise the graduating Grade 6 class, each of whom speaks to the assembled school community. A number of awards are given out to the graduating class, in recognition of academic effort and excellence. This includes a perpetual trophy which is held in high esteem by the local community.